Deadline: October 6, 2023
Applications are open for the Humboldt Diversity Scholarships for Study Abroad 2023/2024. The Humboldt Diversity Scholarships enable students from under-represented racial and ethnic groups and of limited financial means to travel to the tropics and gain international experience in biological research and conservation.
Scholarships can only be applied to Ceiba Foundation’s “Tropical Conservation Semester: Galapagos, Andes, and Amazon”, or one of their summer programs in Ecuador or Belize. The Ceiba Foundation for Tropical Conservation is a 501(c)(3) non-profit international conservation organization committed to fostering and supporting diversity in environmental science.
- Scholarships range from $1,000 to $5,000. Award availability and scholarship amounts vary according to the number and need of applicants, and the length of the program.
- Only students participating in Ceiba study abroad programs are eligible to apply.
- U.S. citizens from minority groups that are under-represented in study abroad are eligible to apply, including but not limited to Black or African American, Hispanic/Latinx, Asian American, American Indian/Alaska Native, and Native Hawaiian/Pacific Islander.
- Be in the process of applying, or have already applied to a Ceiba Foundation Study Abroad program for the upcoming semester or summer term. Scholarship applicants must meet the minimum prerequisites for the program to which they are applying.
- Be currently enrolled and pursuing a two to four-year undergraduate degree at an accredited university or community college in the United States. Preference will be given to students enrolled in University of Wisconsin System schools.
- Be in good academic standing (not on academic probation) and have a cumulative GPA which reflects academic success.
- Demonstrate financial need as evidenced on the Free Application for Federal Student Aid form (FAFSA) and the Student Aid Report (SAR) form, or equivalent documentation.
To apply for scholarships for Spring 2024, check that you meet all of the criteria listed above and then contact [email protected].
Scholarship applications are due at the same time as program applications; consult the individual program pages for dates. Only complete applications will be considered.
For more information, visit Humboldt Diversity Scholarships.