Deadline: October 31, 2023
Applications are open for the RESULTS Organizing and Advocacy Fellowship 2024. The RESULTS Fellowship seeks to inspire and train advocates in the movement to influence political decisions that will bring an end to poverty.
The Fellowship is an opportunity for young adults to broaden their experience and knowledge in the operations and organization of Congress while advocating on key poverty issues, like global health and affordable housing. RESULTS provides training and support to speak powerfully, engage with the media, advocate directly to members of Congress, and mobilize your community. RESULTS has proven over the past 43 years that when people like you use their voices effectively, we can make progress towards the end of poverty. Come join them to gain skills and meet with members of Congress in DC.
RESULTS is a nonpartisan, nonprofit organization whose movement of advocates works together toward equity and the end of poverty. The Fellowship is an 11-month program in which participants develop their leadership skills as they gain hands-on experience through RESULTS advocacy campaigns. Key campaigns in 2024 will include focus on responding to the inequitable fall-out of COVID-19, ending the global tuberculosis epidemic, and tackling the affordable housing crisis.
As a RESULTS Fellow you will:
- Receive training and support over months to become a powerful advocate for the end of poverty.
- Write pieces that get published in the media.
- Learn how to influence your member of Congress on issues like child survival, vaccines, and global nutrition.
- Become a skilled organizer who mobilizes your community to fight poverty.
- Start your own RESULTS chapter or help a local RESULTS chapter grow and thrive.
- Attend the RESULTS Fellowship Spring Summit to learn about RESULTS priority issues in depth and the federal budget process, then meet with members of Congress.
- Attend the RESULTS International Conference. Past speakers include Dr. Paul Farmer, DeRay Mckesson, Marian Wright Edelman, former Prime Minister Julia Gillard, Clint Smith, Prof. Muhammad Yunus, and more.
- Applicant must have a passion for creating change and a commitment to anti-oppression;
- Ability to commit 3-6 hours per week and join bimonthly Fellowship Webinars, local group meetings, and the monthly RESULTS National Webinar;
- Age 20-35 at the start of the Fellowship;
- Plans to live in the United States from January to November 2024;
- Experience in community activism, school activism, political campaigns, or other anti-poverty or social justice focused activities preferred but not required.
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. The final deadline for applications will be October 31, 2023, with the Fellowship beginning in January of 2024. Early application strongly encouraged. Once you apply, check your spam folder often if you have not heard from staff within 3 weeks.
For more information, visit RESULTS Fellowship.