Deadline: October 20, 2023
Applications are open for the George Atkins Communications Award 2024. The George Atkins Communications Award recognizes individual radio broadcasters for their outstanding commitment and contribution to food security and poverty reduction in low-income countries.
It is named after George Atkins, the Founding Director of Farm Radio International. It is presented each year to broadcasters who demonstrate overall excellence in responding to small-scale farmers’ needs, as well as a strong partnership with Farm Radio International.
- The broadcasters who win the George Atkins Communications Award receive a certificate and a prize of $500 CA.
To be eligible for the award:
- You must work at a radio station that has been a Farm Radio International broadcasting partner for a minimum of one year.
- You must have at least three years of experience as a radio broadcaster. This includes time spent volunteering as a broadcaster.
Download a suitable application form:
- English application form
- Amharic application form
- Hausa application form
- Portuguese application form
- Swahili application form
To apply for the award, complete and email an application form to one of the addresses below, along with a photo of yourself working as a broadcaster, and a recording of an episode of your program.
- Côte d’Ivoire: [email protected]
- Burkina Faso: [email protected]
- Ethiopia: [email protected]
- Ghana: [email protected]
- Mali: [email protected]
- Nigeria: [email protected]
- Tanzania: [email protected]
- Uganda: [email protected]
For more information, visit George Atkins Communications Award.