Deadline: November 27, 2023
Applications are open for the Deutsche Welle (DW) Journalism Traineeship 2025-2026. The DW traineeship is one of the most prestigious journalism training programs in Germany and beyond and gives you the skills needed to become a successful multimedia reporter and editor.
The program covers the range of skills a journalist of the future needs: TV moderation, multimedia storytelling, data journalism, social media and virtual reality – in seminars, workshops and of course the DW editorial offices and their correspondent bureaux in Washington and Brussels. DW trainees are involved in long-term innovative, international projects and have been honored in past years with the CNN Journalism Award and the Grimme Prize. After the traineeship, the trainees usually continue to work for DW.
- Transmission of journalistic knowledge and skills
- Seminars on all relevant journalistic topics with renowned trainers
- Insights and work in various DW editorial offices in Bonn and Berlin as well as in the
- DW field studios in Washington, Brussels, Riga, Delhi and Jakarta.
- Guidance on creating your own journalistic products for TV, radio or online, from brainstorming to technical implementation
- technical know-how in the TV, radio and the online sector
- various editorial positions in Germany, Europe and worldwide
- the secure prospect of working for DW worldwide as a journalist in a permanent position
- a performance-related salary
- inspiring and challenging tasks in a modern and international media company
- individual development
- flexible working time models
- excellent company catering
- convenient location
- Discounted tickets for the public transport system
- Wide range of company sports activities
- Open to native speakers of one of DW’s languages with excellent English and good German language skills, or native English speaker with good German language skills, or native German speaker with excellent English language skills.
- Completed university degree, college degree or apprenticeship (especially with a background in technology/IT, science, politics, economics or law).
- They are also looking for applicants from other fields, whether you are an IT specialist, lawyer, physician, mathematician, nurse, chef, pilot, football player or referee.
- Have initial journalistic experience.
- Creative mind.
- Social media expertise.
- Ability to work under deadlines and as part of a team.
Applications for the bilingual (German-English) traineeship are open until November 27, 2023 (12 p.m. UTC+1). Applications must be submitted online only and within the given time frame. The traineeship will start in January, 2025 and end in June, 2026.
For more information, visit DW Journalism Traineeship.