Deadline: November 28, 2023
Applications are open for the Ocean Country Partnership Programme Scholarships Bangladesh 2024-2025. The OCPP Scholarships Bangladesh, funded through the UK’s Blue Planet Fund, offer a unique opportunity for students from Bangladesh to undertake a fully funded master’s in marine science – with a focus on coastal aquaculture and mariculture in Bangladesh.
Aimed at early to mid-career researchers from Bangladesh who wish to develop a career in marine science, the OCPP Scholarships Bangladesh will support world-class research in this area.
Hosted by Bangladesh Agricultural University the scholarships will enable scholars from Bangladesh to harness their regional knowledge, conduct vital research and help develop solutions to marine environmental problems. The aim of the scholarships is to support scientific research that will contribute to the conservation and sustainable management of marine resources and strengthen responses to marine environmental challenges. The scholarships will also make a positive and tangible impact on the livelihoods of coastal communities that depend on healthy marine ecosystems.
Scholarships will be awarded to Masters’ students. Each successful recipient will be entitled to:
- Tuition fees
- Living allowance
- Research support grant
- Disability and maternity costs (case by case basis)
- Applicants for Master’s should be citizens of Bangladesh;
- Should be working in or have significant experience of work in the areas of environment, fisheries and aquaculture science;
- Should hold an undergraduate or bachelor’s-level degree;
- Applicants must meet the eligibility criteria for postgraduate study at the Bangladesh Agricultural University;
- Applicants will need to propose a research topic in line with the potential research projects listed below.
- MSc Aquaculture
The scholarships will facilitate a range of potential projects in the following research areas:
- Microplastics and aquaculture in Bangladesh
- Tilapia health and climate change in Southwest Bangladesh
- GIS toolkit for determining suitable areas for aquaculture in coastal regions of Bangladesh
- Black soldier fly as feed: assessment of uptake and impact (including citizen science)
- Shrimp health: histopathology and molecular diagnostics
- Bivalve mollusc production in Bangladesh
- eDNA for biodiversity and stock assessment in the Sundarbans
- Modelling to predict future influence of climate change on aqua/mariculture in Bangladesh
- Pond microbiomes and functional microbiology in relation to greenhouse gas emissions
- Risks and opportunities for aquatic food production in the Sundarbans
Applicants need to apply for admission to the Bangladesh Agricultural University as soon as applications are open.
Applications for the OCPP scholarships must be completed through the online application form on the ACU website to be considered. If you don’t already have an ACU account, you will need to set one up by clicking ‘Get Started’, in the top right-hand corner of the application login page.
Applications are now open and will close on 28 November 2023 at 16:00 UTC.
For more information, visit OCPP Scholarships Bangladesh.