Deadline: December 17, 2023
Applications are open for the DAAD Artists-in-Berlin Program 2025. The DAAD Artists-in-Berlin Program is a residency program for international cultural practitioners that facilitates and supports creative processes, encounters, and collaborations.
The fellowship was established to offer artists time and space to focus on their creative practice without production obligations. Fellows are invited to actively engage not only with the dynamic cultural scenes of Berlin and Germany but also various communities within the city. Each year around twenty outstanding artists from a variety of cultural backgrounds are invited to Berlin. The Artists-in-Berlin Program is committed to including and presenting a wide range of voices and perspectives.
- A monthly stipend to cover living expenses and rent.
- Provision of a furnished apartment. Note that not all apartments have the same level of accessibility (e.g. elevator/equipment).
- Travel and luggage expenses (scheduled flight, economy class), also for partners and children if they reside in Berlin for the entire duration of the fellowship.
- If necessary: health, accident, and liability insurance; premiums are deducted from the stipend payments.
- German language courses (optional).
- Open to outstanding international artists from the fields of visual arts, film, literature, and music & sound. It is intended for established artists who have already developed their own voice and standing.
- There is no (upper) age limit.
- An academic background is not required. However, the Artists-in-Berlin Program is primarily interested in positions that critically engage with historical issues as well as contemporary discourses. They therefore prefer artists who go beyond pure aesthetics and address the relevant issues of our time.
- Applications may only be submitted in the categories of film, literature, and music & sound. In the visual arts category, artists are nominated and selected by a specialist jury. Accordingly, applications cannot be submitted in this category.
The application period for fellowships in 2025 in the fields of film, literature, and music & sound is now open. The deadline is December 17, 2023 23:59 CET.
For more information, visit DAAD Artists-in-Berlin Program.