Deadline: December 20, 2023
Applications for the HEVA Fund/Alliance Française Nairobi Creation Africa Kenya Grant 2023 are now open. HEVA Fund has partnered with the Alliance Française Nairobi, to support Kenyan artists with quality original projects in the areas of music, performing arts, and cinema to take their productions on a tour across the network of Creative Arts Spaces in Kenya (CASiK) comprising performing arts spaces in 5 Kenyan counties (Kisumu,Nakuru, Nairobi, Mombasa, and Lamu).
Through grants, the fund will enable creative individuals, collectives and organisations to refine their original production for showcasing in at least 3 fully equipped cultural venues from the CASIK network.
Practitioners in Theatre, Film, Live Music (Vocal, Instrumental, Deejaying), Spoken word, Poetry, Storytelling, Dialogue, Dance, Comedy, Magic, Puppetry/ Pantomime and Multimedia and Transdisciplinary arts are eligible to apply. Projects awarded funding under this programme must be original works that contain African social, cultural and/or political themes, and employ strategies that encourage local communities to access cultural spaces.
- Up to 15,000 Euro grant available.
- Applicants must live and work in Kenya.
- Applicants must be in the performing or creative arts industry in Kenya.
- Eligible value chains include: Theatre, Film, Live Music (Vocal, Instrumental, Deejaying), Spoken word, Poetry, Storytelling, Dialogue, Dance, Comedy, Magic, Puppetry/ Pantomime and Multimedia/transdisciplinary arts.
- Proposed projects should portray evidence and themes that speak to African culture and/or history.
- Applicants must have pre-ideated projects that are in the execution phase.
The review process takes place after the closure of the call for applications window and will feature five stages:
- Initial sieve: The initial stage involves a preliminary review of all received applications to ensure they meet the basic eligibility criteria and submission requirements.
- Selection panel shortlisting: Next, the selection panel will narrow down the pool of applicants based on predetermined criteria to shortlist the most promising candidates for further consideration.
- Pitch stage: Shortlisted applicants will present their project proposals to the selection panel to share their creative vision and the potential impact of their project.
- Due diligence: This phase involves an evaluation of all shortlisted candidates, which includes a thorough review of their proposed project plans, budgets, timelines, and the overall feasibility of the presented ideas.
- Contracting: In this final stage, the successful applicants will enter a contractual agreement with the project partners.
For more information, visit HEVA Fund.