Deadline: December 31, 2023
Applications are open for the Earth Journalism Media Workshop 2024 on Air Pollution in Nairobi, Kenya. This two-day workshop aims to enhance the knowledge and skills of local journalists to report on air pollution, thereby contributing to greater public awareness of the sources, impacts and potential solutions to air pollution in Nairobi.
During the workshop, experts will share findings from the Clean Air Catalyst project with participants. Additionally, Internews’ EJN will facilitate engagement between journalists, subject experts and communities impacted by air pollution. This unique opportunity will enable journalists to not only deepen their understanding of air quality science but also gain insight into the real-life challenges faced by affected communities. The workshop will be held in Nairobi, Kenya from February 8-9, 2024.
- Meals and local travel allowance will be provided.
- Applications are open to Kenyan journalists based in Nairobi County from print, online, radio and television media outlets.
- Applicants must commit to attending all days of the workshop.
- Have some experience reporting on scientific and/or environmental topics.
- Understand and be able to communicate in English.
- Demonstrate interest in reporting about air pollution and air quality issues.
- Permit republication by the organizers of any stories produced as a result of participation in the workshop.
- They especially encourage women and early- and mid-career journalists to apply.
Applicants must submit two published writing samples or links to stories that have appeared online. Story clips related to air pollution are welcome.
For more information, visit EJN Workshop.