Deadline: February 8, 2024
Applications are open for the JournalismFund Professional Development Grants for Environmental Journalism 2024. This grant facility supports enabling activities and supporting services for environmental investigative journalism as a whole.
It seeks to promote collective development and support services for environmental investigative journalism, by providing funding to project ideas from organisations and institutions for training and professional development programmes, i.e. skills-focused professional training or fellowship programmes targeted at enabling investigative journalists to upskill with regards to reporting on environment related issues.
- The total available amount per call to be distributed among all supported projects will be around €115,000.
- This grant programme is open to incorporated legal entities (organisations, companies, …) with demonstrable expertise in investigative journalism, environmental issues, and/or the development of supporting services.
- Eligible proposals entail enabling activities and supporting services for environmental investigative journalism in Europe. These can be training and professional development programmes, or other activities, services or tools that enable investigative journalists to upskill with regards to reporting on environmental issues.
- The project should be clearly defined and limited in time. The grant cannot be used for core funding or for financing permanent operations of an organisation.
- Individuals (natural persons) cannot apply for this grant. If the project is a collaboration between several organisations, one organisation should apply for the Journalismfund Europe grant.
- Track record and relevance of the partners involved
- Complementarity and added value to existing and already supported enabling activities for investigative environmental journalism in Europe
- Quality and realism of budget plan
- Necessity of (co-)funding
Finally, the jury will also take into consideration the variety within the global selection of granted projects. This means diversity in terms of:
- methods and approaches
After a one-time registration with your email address, you can access the online application form. You can freely navigate through the form to see which information you need to provide in your application. This includes:
- information and documents about your organisation
- information about the intended project
- a detailed project budget, according to the budget template
For more information, visit JournalismFund Grant.