Deadline: December 7, 2023
Applications are open for the NITDA Fourth Industrial Revolution Technology Programme 2023-2024. The 4IRTA is NITDA’s platform to run demonstration projects using 4IR technologies (UAVs, IoT, AI and Blockchain) in different sectors of the economy.
These projects will be designed as pilot to illustrate how these technologies can be successfully implemented in Nigeria. Awarded every two years, the Prize is generously supported by the Hamdan bin Rashid Al Maktoum Foundation for Distinguished Academic Performance (Hamdan Foundation).
- Selected projects will receive up to N10,000,000 in funding to deepen the application of 4IR technologies in their work.
- The Ministry of Agriculture will provide support to selected pilot farms and navigate a path to scale and sustainability.
- The 10 selected projects are expected to be focused on the application of UAV, IoT, AI and Blockchain in different agricultural sub sectors e.g. crop production, fishery, livestock and forestry.
- Project proposals will need to demonstrate the use of 4IR Technologies to improve agricultural productivity and sustainability in Nigeria.
Applications will be evaluated based on these criteria:
- Innovations: Innovative use of 4IR technology to improve agricultural productivity
- Impacts: Potential to generate significant economic and social benefits for farmers
- Feasibility: Technical feasibility with a plan for scaling
- Sustainability: Clear sustainability plan for long-term success
Applications for the project are now open and must be submitted online by the closing date of December 7, 2023. Successful applicants will be contacted not earlier than 6 weeks after the closing date.
For more information, visit 4IRTA.