Deadline: January 2, 2024
Applications are open for the StArfrica EXIST Idea Accelerator 2024. The aim of the StArfrica Exist Idea Accelerator is to identify business ideas from Ghanaian university students and recent graduates and help them apply for the EXIST Business Start-up Grant for Germany.
Throughout the 6-week program (around 15 hours of work are required per week), participants will work together with the StArfrica team as well as experienced trainers on the application documents for the grant, with the goal of handing in their application for the EXIST Business Start-up Grant at the end of the accelerator program.
About EXIST Business Start-up Grant
The EXIST business start-up grant supports students, graduates, and scientists from universities and research institutes who want to turn their business idea into a business plan in Germany. The start-up projects should be innovative technology or knowledge-based projects with significant unique features and good commercial prospects of success.
All teams accepted for the start-up grant are supported through funding for living expenses, material resources for the project, and comprehensive coaching while living and working in Germany for one year.
- Open to Bachelors, Masters, or PhD students in their last year or graduates from a higher learning institution (university, etc.) in Ghana —graduation no longer ago than 5 years.
- Must be physically present in Ghana for the duration of the accelerator program.
- Must be interested and willing to move to Germany for at least a year if the business idea is accepted for the EXIST business start-up grant.
- Must prove excellent command of English.
- Must have a computer and a stable internet connection.
- Must have a highly global, scientific and innovative business idea that fits the German market (e.g., an idea related to IT, health, sciences etc.) and be available to move and work in Germany for one year if your application for the EXIST Business Start-up Grant is successful.
- Be aware that an idea that only focuses on the Ghanaian market cannot be considered.
- Also, be aware that only applications by a team of three people will be accepted. This does not necessarily mean that all three of you have to apply for this program, but there will need to be a team of three people in the end when handing in the final application documents.
- Teams with a majority of females are strongly encouraged to apply!
The training will take place both in Accra and online between January 15 and February 22, 2024. The application deadline is January 2, 2024.
For more information, visit EXIST Idea Accelerator.