Deadline: December 4, 2023
Applications are open for the École Supérieure de Journalisme des Métiers de l’Internet et de la Communication (E-jicom) Data Journalism Training 2023-2024. The training is for journalists from French-speaking Africa wishing to participate in the second edition of this training program in data-journalism.
This program, planned for a period of six months, from December 2023 to May 2024, should allow participants to master the practice of data journalism from start to finish and to promote this journalistic genre in the newsrooms of French-speaking African countries. At the end of their training, successful candidates should be better equipped in the exploitation and processing of data (statistical or otherwise), in a journalistic approach, and the availability of these data to the public.
The training takes place entirely online and participants continue to work for their respective bodies for the duration of the program. Beneficiaries will receive a certificate at the end of the training.
- All successful candidates will receive a grant to cover the cost of internet connections and the use of their equipment.
- In addition to training, the program includes a mentoring component and a production component, aimed at putting into practice the theoretical knowledge acquired.
To be eligible, applicants must:
- be a national of Burkina Faso, Côte d’Ivoire, Niger, D.R. Congo, or Senegal;
- be a journalist in a recognized media outlet and have at least four years of professional experience in journalism;
- Work on development issues and show an interest in data journalism.
To apply, interested candidates can send:
- a letter of application accompanied by a recent CV;
- a letter of authorization to participate in the program, signed by the editor-in-chief or the director of publication;
- a sample of recent work published or disseminated in the media — print, broadcast or online on development issues.
NB: Freelance journalists (freelancers) can provide a letter from a body with which they regularly collaborate.
Applications should only be sent by e-mail to the following address: [email protected]
The deadline for applications is December 4, 2023 at 18:00 GMT, which is a strict deadline. Only complete applications will be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more information, visit E-jicom Data Journalism Training.