Deadline: December 15, 2023
Applications are open for the Internet Society Pulse Research Fellowship 2024. The Internet Society Pulse Research Fellowship supports researchers in conducting data-driven analysis or developing tools that contribute to an open, globally connected, secure, and trustworthy Internet. Applicants must be available for six months during 2024 and can be based anywhere worldwide.
The program objectives are:
- Support the development of original, top-tier Internet measurement research.
- Foster a community of researchers, data specialists, and network engineering experts alongside policymakers and journalists to help strengthen and grow the Internet.
- Strengthen partnerships among global organizations working on data-driven research to understand Internet trends.
- Develop new techniques or implement existing methodologies to improve data gathering, analysis, and visualization on the Pulse platform.
- Explore interdisciplinary research topics related to making the Internet resilient, robust, and open.
- The research topic should reflect one or more of Internet Society Pulse’s focus areas: Enabling Technologies, Internet Shutdowns, Internet Resilience, Market Concentration, and Keeping Traffic Local. Candidates are encouraged to select one of the proposed topics, but the application is open to all relevant projects.
- The selected applicant will receive a generous stipend based on experience and time commitment.
- Open to researchers based anywhere in the world who use state-of-the-art and/or novel Internet measurement techniques to conduct research on a specific area that contributes to upholding an open, globally-connected, secure, and trustworthy Internet.
- The duration of the fellowship is approximately six months. Applicants must be available for six months during 2024; the start date will be agreed upon upon final selection.
Applicants will be selected according to their:
- Proposal’s relevance to the Pulse focus areas.
- Knowledge of Internet measurements and experience necessary to accomplish the proposed research goals.
- Ability to commit at least 25 hours per week to the fellowship.
For mor information, visit Pulse Research Fellowship.