Deadline: January 20, 2024
Applications are open for the One Million Leaders Africa (OMLA) Fellowship Program 2024. OMLA annually recruits young African talents who are awarded an OMLA Fellowship. They receive a two-month training in aspects as Leadership, Sustainability, Social innovation and Social entrepreneurship.
After their training, each fellow trains and mentors fifty other young people (Stars), who aspire to create social projects within their communities. The Stars in their turn will train other young people (Starlets). The OMLA Fellows, Stars and Starlets will run community projects during a one-year fellowship. After completing the fellowship, they will become part of the OMLA Alumni community, a support network for One Million Leaders Africa.
- OMLA Fellows will be selected for one year. Each OMLA fellow will receive a monthly fellowship stipend for $50 to cover costs of internet and other logistics incurred for training OMLA stars.
- In addition to intensive training and network building, OMLA will offer Fellows professional development support, including mentorship and a $500 for professional development support (given at the successful completion of the fellowship year).
- Applicants should be under 40 years of age;
- Based in Africa;
- Fluent in English;
- Have the habit of reading and be committed to it; should be able to read and give an assessment of at least 3 out of six recommended books within nine (9) months.
- Have reliable access to a fast and stable internet connection.
- Able to commit at least one year as an OMLA Fellow (This is not a full-time commitment. You can do this fellowship while you stay on your job).
- Able to travel.
For more information, visit OMLA Fellowship.