Career Opportunities with CGPA Center housed at World Bank
CGAP (Consultative Group to Assist the Poor) is an independent policy and research center dedicated to advancing financial access for the world’s poor and ultimately alleviating poverty. They receive support from various development agencies and private foundations who share a common mission to alleviate poverty. Housed at the World Bank, CGAP provides market intelligence, promotes standards, develops innovative solutions and offers advisory services to governments, microfinance providers, donors, and investors.
CGAP is looking for suitable candidates to fill in the following open positions. Working with CGAP is an opportunity to learn about new trends and developments that affect access to finance. It is also an opportunity to interact and explore synergies with a broad range of development organizations that are focused on alleviating the many dimensions of poverty.
a) Senior Communications Officer
- The Senior Communications Officer will act as CGAP’s Head of Knowledge Products and Communications, driving the strategy and implementation of a fully integrated multi-channel communications and knowledge platform for CGAP.
- He/she leads a team of nine communications professionals, is responsible for a renowned publications department, two global Web sites—the corporate site, cgap.org, and the Microfinance Gateway—an active and widely-read blog, and a comprehensive and fully-integrated global outreach and engagement effort to support improved access to finance for the world’s poor.
- The Senior Communications Officer is responsible for setting the strategic direction and overseeing the execution of the team’s work, and works directly with staff across the entire organization.
- As a member of CGAP’s management team, the Senior Communications Officer advises the CEO and senior management on messaging and positioning, including branding and reputation, and helps shape the storyline for CGAP and for the global microfinance/access to finance community through CGAP’s communications and knowledge products.
b) Microfinance Specialist
CGAP is looking for a flexible and experienced professional with strong experience in monitoring and evaluation, knowledge management and research skills to contribute toward the work of the Donors and Investors (D&I) team.
- The Microfinance Specialist will serve as a core member of the CGAP Donors and Investors team and will participate in other corporate and CGAP sub-groups as may be needed.
- The Specialist will be an important team member who will help shape our work with donors on accountability systems and the creation of knowledge products around this and other areas of CGAP research.
- The ideal candidate will be well-versed in the needs of donors and investors, have strong research skills, have strong writing capabilities, and will be highly motivated to take on both big and small challenges.
- The candidate will also have strong relationship management and presentation skills.
The candidate will work closely with the D&I Team Manager and all team members of the D&I team to ensure coherence in our knowledge generation, sharing and communications, and to ensure consistency across our work with regard to messaging.
This position is based in Paris, France.
For more information, click here.