Participate in the Art Contest: Peace Gallery Art Challenge
Deadline: April 10, 2013
Are you an artisit? Do you have an artwork that tells a story of peace? The artwork can be your personal experience with peace, someone who inspires peace, an act showing peace, or an ideal peaceful situation. The artwork can be a photo, painting or graphic design.
If so, you are invited to participate in the contest by submitting your artwork and sharing your story of peace. The Global Partnership for the Prevention of Armed Conflict (GPPAC), with the support of the Municipality of The Hague is managing the online art contest: Peace Gallery Challenge for artists from around the world to share their work, telling a story of peace.
Eligibility and Requirements
The contest is open to everyone. Other requirement are as categorized below:
- Artwork: The subject of the artwork submitted must tell a story of peace, inspiring and promoting peace. The artwork must follow the guidelines. All entries must be original; no stock photography may be used. Artwork may not be inflammatory or needlessly offensive towards third parties.
- Participation: Artists, graphic designers, art students, design enthusiasts and the general public are welcome to submit an artwork.
- Eligibility: All contest participants must have a valid name, address and email address in order to be eligible. Participants must be a minimum of 18 years of age.
- Technical specifications: The artwork must be submitted in JPG format and needs to have a high resolution of minimum 200 dpi and maximum 300 dpi. The size for uploading must not exceed 3 MB. If the artwork contains text this must be in English. The word limit for this text is 10 words. The artwork must have a title.
- Contest period: It must be uploaded within the timeframe of the contest
- The 5 winners will have their artwork displayed in a large exhibition in The Hague from August until September, celebrating the 100 years of Peace Palace exhibition, in the Atrium of the Hague City Council. The exhibition will take place between 28 August 2013 until 21 September 2013.
- There will be one winner out of these 5 winners who will be invited to come to The Hague and be present at the opening of the exhibition.
Winning artwork is selected by the jury on the basis of criteria that were communicated to the participants (as stated in the guidelines). The jury will write a report to document its decision. All participants, including those who did not win, will be informed on April 18th 2013 of the outcome via the contest via email. The winners of the “PeaceGallery Challenge” will be announced on 18th of April 2013.
For more information, click here.