Deadline: June 30, 2013
The Commonwealth Youth Programme (CYP) is pleased to invite nominations for the 2013 Commonwealth Youth Awards for Excellence in Development Work. Do you know any young person making a positive difference to the lives of other people in your community or country? Nominate them!
CYP is looking for young people whose development work reflects the Commonwealth’s Plan for Youth Empowerment to:
- Promote youth participation in decision making
- Promote the economic empowerment of young people
- Take action for equality between young men and women
- Promote peaceful and democratic environments in which human rights flourish
- Provide quality education for all
- Improve access to information and communication technology
- Promote health, development and values through sports and culture
- Engage young people to protect the environment
The nominee must have been engaged in development work for more than 12 months, either in a professional or voluntary capacity;
- The development work must be ongoing and taking place in a Commonwealth Country;
- The nominee should not be older than 29 on 31 December 2013.
- Individuals cannot nominate themselves in a personal capacity;
- The winners must agree to take part in publicity generated by the Commonwealth.
For more information and to nominate, click here.