WOLFoundation 2013 Essay Competition: An Aspirational Future
Deadline: September 30, 2013
Entries are now invited for the Web Of Life – WOL Foundation 2013 Essay Competition. WOLF is looking for the best non-technical, English language writing on themes related to socio-environmental issues.
- Entries will be judged by the members of our Advisory Board.
- The winning entry will receive a cash prize of $1,500. A further $500 will be awarded to the second placed entry.
- The shortlisted entries will be published as a book of collected essays.
Everyone is welcome. Any one individual may submit up to three entries.
The judging process will reward two main attributes in the submissions received:
- fresh thinking and
- a clear, compelling writing style.
- They are looking for entries that everyone will want to read.
Subject and Theme
The theme for the 2013 competition is: An Aspirational Future
All essays submitted to the competition must focus on socio-environmental issues and address the current year’s theme. Essays that are off subject and off theme will be rejected.
- Fact or fiction? Entries should be written in prose in the English language.
- You can submit essays or short stories, factual commentary or fiction – whichever way and whichever writing style you choose to communicate your ideas. Just make it compelling.
- Essays should be aimed at a general readership and should be non-technical. No footnotes or citations are allowed.
- Submissions should be no longer than 2,000 words.
- Essays may have been published before provided you have the necessary permissions to re-publish.
- Entry to the competition is free of charge.
Please ensure that you visit their submissions page and read the submission guide. Entries that do not follow the submission guide will not be accepted.
Copyright for all submissions remain with the authors. In submitting their work, authors grant the Web of Life Foundation an irrevocable license to print, publish, distribute and publicize the submitted work.
For more information, click here.