Deadline: May 30, 2013
The Nigerian Women Association of Georgia (NWAG) is pleased to invite applications from Nigerian female undergraduates in Nigerian Universities for the award program. The association plans to award 37 one-time scholarships, one per state of origin as well as one for the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), in the amount of fifty thousand Naira each, to the students.
Eligibility and Requirements:
- Applicant must be a Nigerian female, undergraduate student in a Nigerian University.
All applications must include the following:
- Proof of State of Origin – Letter of Origination from the university or a letter from your local government office.
- Two Letters of Recommendation from any two of the following: Church Pastor/Mosque Imam, Village Head, Local Government Chairperson or one of your Lecturers.
- One Letter of Recommendation from either the Dean of your Faculty/School or your Head of Department.
- Photocopy of your current university student identification card
- A current photograph of yourself
- An explanation of why you need and should receive the scholarship (not more than one-half typed double spaced page).
- A type-written, double –spaced, two-page essay on: “How could we improve the health system in Nigeria especially for women, youth and children?”
- All application entries must be typewritten and double-spaced.
- All applications must be POST-MARKED or EMAILED by MAY 30, 2013.
- Late applications will not be accepted. Applications may not be faxed or hand-delivered.
- Incomplete applications or applications that show evidence of plagiarism will be disqualified and rejected.
Completed application can be submitted with all required documents either by regular mail to
NIGERIAN WOMEN ASSOCIATION OF GEORGIA, INC
P.O. Box 14532
Atlanta, GA 30324, USA
electronically via email at [email protected]
NOTE: All electronic submissions must be in PDF or Word format.
Download the application form here.
For more information, click here.