Apply for the World Summit Youth Awards
Deadline: July 30, 2013
Applications are now open for the World Summit Youth Awards. Young people under the age of 30 from UN member states are invited to apply. What have you achieved? Take a chance, show it and be heard and seen on an international stage!
About the Award
The World Summit Youth Award (WSYA) is a unique global contest which brings together young developers and digital entrepreneurs -under 30 years of age- who use internet and mobile technology to put the UN Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) into action and make a difference. The WSYA is organised as a follow up activity of the World Summit on Information Society and its action plan towards the year 2015. The Youth Award is being organised by the World Summit Award Network.
The WSYA selects and promotes best practice in e-Content. It demonstrates young people’s potential to create outstanding digital contents and serves as a platform for people from all UN member states to work together in the efforts to reach the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs).
- The WSYA Contest is open to young people under 30 (born after January 1, 1983).
- Applicants must come from a UN Member State.
- The WSYA contest is a competition among the most committed and creative designers, producers, application developers, journalists, and writers who, by using internet and mobile applications, create digital content and applications which address the UN Millennium Development Goals (MDGs).
Applicants must submit their projects within April and July 2013 in one of the following 6 categories:
- Fight Poverty, Hunger and Disease!
- Education for All!
- Power 2 Women
- Create your Culture
- Go Green
- Pursue Truth
If you are coming from a EU Member state, your application will automatically be selected for the regional Award European Youth Award (www.eu-youthaward.org).
The reward for winners is:
- to be recognized on a world stage
- to be invited to the winners’ events (with all related cost covered by organizers)
- to be able to connect with each other and discuss with renowned experts in the field of ICT for development
- and many more
Please note: The Youth Award is not a cash award. Read all contest rules thoroughly before applying.
For more information, click here.