The 2014 Mandela Rhodes Scholarship Programme for Young Africans
Deadline: May 30, 2013
The Mandela Rhodes Foundation invites applications for the 2014 Mandela Rhodes Scholarship programme. The scholarship offers educational opportunities to young Africans with scholastic, intellectual and leadership potential to study at suitable tertiary institutions and to create a network of principled future leaders, with the capacity and will to advance themselves and their countries.
The Scholarships aim to give expression to the legacy of academic excellence, leadership, education, reconciliation and
entrepreneurship.It also aims to bring together a considerable network of leaders, with different educational expertise but similar leadership capacity, who support and inspire each other and who are distinguished by their ability to:
- facilitate individual and social development;
- promote peace and reconciliation;
- pursue fundamental human freedoms; and
- promote prosperity, honour and respect for the continent and its people.
The Scholarship Value and Tenure
- The Mandela Rhodes Scholarship provides for full funding for up to a maximum of 2 years of postgraduate study (Honours and Master’s degrees only).
- Please note that students intending to register for postgraduate diplomas are not eligible.
- The Scholarship will cover tuition fees, accommodation and meals.
- In addition, a book allowance will be allocated and in some instances, a travel allowance can be applied for.
- Application is open to citizens of all African countries who are between the ages of 19 and 30 years.
- The Scholarships are intended to support individuals who will register for postgraduate study at a South African university or tertiary institution (Honours and Masters degrees only.
Only candidates who will register at the University of Cape Town in 2014 may apply via the UCT Postgraduate Centre & Funding Office. Candidates who will register at any other institution must contact the Mandela Rhodes Foundation directly
For more information, click here.