CTA Media Competition for Journalists
Deadline: August 15, 2013
The Technical Centre for Agricultural in collaboration with Rural Cooperation (CTA) and the Rwandan Ministry of Agriculture and Animal Resources (MINAGRI) is hosting the international conference, ICT4Ag. The conference offers participants the opportunity to discover exciting opportunities and cutting edge technologies in agriculture and rural development. A competition has been launched for journalists working in Africa, Caribbean and Pacific (ACP) countires.
Journalists are invited to submit original unpublished articles with concrete examples, which correspond to one of the three areas below:
- Enabling environment for the agricultural sector to maximise the benefits from ICTs
- Gender mainstreaming through ICTs for efficient/effective agricultural activities
- Use of ICTs to boost access to markets and facilitate agribusiness
The competition is aimed to encourage ACP journalists working for ACP print and online media to investigate the challenges and opportunities for ICT contribution to agriculture and showcase success stories, best practices as well as challenges and opportunities.
- Good understanding of challenges and opportunities of ICTs in agriculture
- Originality of topic/approach
- Quality of structure
- Quality of language (engaging writing style, good spelling and grammar, etc.)
- Depth of analysis
- Relevance of examples and testimonies
- Presence of bibliography and/or other relevant references
- Respect of the prescribed format of the text
Awards and Prizes
- The top six finalists will be announced in September, 2013.
- The six finalists will be fully supported to attend the international conference on ICT4ag in Kigali, Rwanda.
- They will also each receive Euro 1,000 (one thousand) prize.
- During the conference, the six finalists will be asked to write an original article based on one topic discussed during the conference, taking into account expert opinions case studies and arguments.
The top three “Winners” will be announced during the international conference on ICT4ag.
- The overall “Winner” – 1st place, will receive an additional Euro 1000.
- The second place winner will receive an additional Euro 500.
- The third place winner will receive an additional Euro 300. The top 3 “Winners” will also receive CTA trophies and book prizes.
The prize giving event will take place on 7 November 2013 in Kigali, Rwanda, during the International Conference on ICT4ag.
For more information, click here.