Deadline: June 30, 2013
Applications are now open for the World Bank Young Professionals Program (YPP). For many people who want an exciting career with the World Bank, the YPP is a starting point. It is a unique opportunity for young people who have both a passion for international development and the potential to become future global leaders.
The YP Program is designed for highly qualified and motivated individuals skilled in areas relevant to the World Bank’s operations such as, economics, finance, education, public health, social sciences, engineering, urban planning, and natural resource management. Since its inception, the YP Program has hired over 1,500 people who hold or have held positions ranging from entry-level to vice presidents and managing directors. It is a unique opportunity to experience development and gain exposure to the World Bank’s operations and policies.
- Qualified men and women with diverse professional, academic and cultural backgrounds to apply.
Minimum Requirements for the YP Program
- Be 32 years of age or younger (i.e. born on or after October 1, 1981)
- PhD or Master’s degree and relevant work experience [?]
- Be fluent in English
- Please note that full proficiency in one or more of the Bank’s working languages: Arabic, Chinese, French, Portuguese, Russian, and Spanish is desired but not required.
- Specialize in a field relevant to the World Bank’s operations such as economics, finance, education, public health, social sciences, engineering, urban planning, and natural resource management
- Have at least 3 years of relevant professional experience related to development or continued academic study at the doctoral level.
Please note that the Young Professionals Program does not currently recruit individuals who specialize in disciplines such as: Computer Science, HR, Accounting, Marketing, Law, and Linguistics.
In order to be competitive for the limited number of positions, a combination of the following credentials is highly desirable:
- Display a commitment and passion for international development
- Possess outstanding academic credentials
- Exhibit excellent client engagement and team leadership skills
- Have international development country experience
- Be motivated to relocate and undertake country assignments
Young Professionals are chosen through an intensive and rigorous selection process of up to 9 months. It is expected that the selected candidates applying on May 1 through June 30, 2013, will join in September 2014.
For more information and to apply, click here.