Job Opportunity at ECOWAS Commission
Deadline: June 13, 2013
ECOWAS is currently looking for a suitably qualified and capable individual to fill the position of a Programme Officer for Monitoring & Evaluation to work with them in the implementation of critical and strategic programmes. This is an internationally recruited position.
Department: Trade, Customs, Industry and Free Movement of Persons
Directorate: Free Movement & Tourism
Annual Salary: USD 30,749 – USD 38,318
Supervisor: ECOWAS-Spain Fund Coordinator
Duration: Eighteen (18) months
Duty Station: Abuja, Nigeria
The Programme Officer, Monitoring & Evaluation shall work under the supervision of the ECOWAS-Spain Fund Coordinator and perform the following functions:
- Assist the management unit in the preparation of a monitoring & evaluation operational manual, a monitoring & evaluation plan and the implementation of same
- Ensure proper functioning of the monitoring & evaluation system
- Collect and process data on programme implementation
- Create and update a database, in collaboration with the Programme Officer, Fund Management Unit
- Prepare quarterly and annual reports in collaboration with the Programme Officer, Fund Management Unit
- Provide M&E training for partners and other project stakeholders
- Assist the management unit in organising and carrying out Fund review and assessment visits
- Carry out other duties as assigned by the Coordinator, Technical Management Team and the Steering Committee
- Should be capable of undertaking frequent travels within the sub-region.
- Candidates must NOT be over 50 years of age at the time of recruitment.
- The candidate must hold at least a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in project management, statistics, planning or social sciences.
- Minimum of 5 years professional experience in the area of monitoring & evaluation of development projects
- Experience in migration projects will be an advantage
- Where candidates possess a post-graduate qualification, the required number of years of experience will be reduced to three (3) years.
- ECOWAS is looking for men and women who…continue.
- Strong IT skills and perfect knowledge of monitoring & evaluation software
- Good writing skills
- Good knowledge of monitoring & evaluation techniques
- Good knowledge of results-based management
- The candidate must be fluent in one of the official languages of ECOWAS namely, English, French and Portuguese. Working knowledge of another language will be an advantage.
NOTE: Read the recruitment disclaimer before applying.
For more information, click here.