Job Opportunity: TakingITGlobal is looking for a National Project Coordinator
Deadline: June 3, 2013
TakingITGlobal (TIG) is looking for a National Project Coordinator to join the TIG team in their Toronto office. TIG is an international organization led by youth and combining technology and global community to create positive global change. This full-time opportunity is ideal for someone interested in Project Management with strong communication skills in both English and French who has a passion for social media, youth engagement, Canadian history and culture, and the enthusiasm to ensure the success of a national level program.
If you fit in – or know someone else that might be – read on for more details.
Position: National Project Coordinator
Position Location: Toronto, Ontario
Start Date: June 2013
Details: Full-Time, 10 month employment contract
Salary: $32000-$36000 (Based on experience + variable bonus)
Benefits of working at TakingITGlobal:
- Improve skills
- Gain work experience
- Work in a positive environment
- Make a difference
Roles and Responsibilities
- Project Coordination
- Administration and Communications
Qualifications and requirements
- Must be able to commit to a full-time position, operating out of TIG’s Toronto office.
- Fluent writing and speaking capabilities in English and French with ability to translate, Bilingual Certificate, post-secondary accreditation preferred
- College/undergraduate student or recent graduate with a background in a related field (e.g. Media Studies, Canadian History, Communications, etc.)
- Leadership experience in non-profit sector (preferably with student/youth groups)
- Interest in the arts, culture, nature, Canadian heritage, history and identity
- Attention to detail, effective time management and strong organizational skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable with, and adept at using technology (including productivity software) and social media platforms including content development (blogs, video, tweets etc)
- Outgoing personality with intercultural competencies including experience connecting with people from diverse backgrounds
- Travel experience throughout Canada and ability to reference locations of interest
- Demonstrated interest in social change, youth development and the mission and vision of TakingITGlobal
TakingITGlobal is an equal opportunity employer and strongly supports applications from diverse backgrounds and communities.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
For more information, click here.