Transparency International Youth WRITING Competition
Deadline: July 1, 2013
Transparency International has launched a youth photo and writing competitions as well as live events around the world as part of the activities to ring in their 20th anniversary – Transparency International exists to fight against corruption. These competitions aim to raise awareness about the corrosive problem of corruption and how it can be tackled. Details of the competitions are below.
YOUTH WRITING COMPETITION
Corruption ruins people’s livelihoods – and even kills. However, this problem can be stopped. Transparency International wants to hear how you think corruption can be tackled with the following theme:
What can young people do to stop corruption?
Eligibility and Criteria
Whether you’re a student who loves to write or a paid contributor– everyone is encouraged to apply.
In order to be an eligible participant of the 2013 youth writing competition, applicants MUST:
- Be between 18 and 30 years of age on 1 September, 2013
- Submit a written document in PDF or Word format. No hard copy submissions will be accepted.
- Be sure that your work is unpublished and free from plagiarism.
- (*Transparency International, its chapter affiliates, and Water Integrity Network staff are ineligible for competition.)
- Each entrant may submit a only one submission. All entrees must be sent electronically.
- Maximum 600 words in English only.
- By submitting an entry, the contestant confirms that he/she owns the right to all his/her written submissions and that the rights of persons included in his/her written submissions have not been violated.
Prizes and Benefits
Three prizes are up for grabs. The jury will select three winners and award each one of the following:
- First – A paid trip to Berlin to participate in a Transparency International event in November; work published on Thomson Reuters Foundation; a tablet computer
- Second – Work published on Thomson Reuters Foundation; a tablet computer
- Third – Work published on Thomson Reuters Foundation; up to €250 worth of books
The winners will be announced on International Youth Day, 12 August 2013 and will receive a certificate.
For more information, click here.