Deadline: June 30, 2013
Youth leaders from across the continent are invited to apply to attend the African Youth Development Summit. The Summit, which is organised by the Network for African Youths for Development (NAYD) is a platform for discussions, experience sharing and networking for African youth. The summit will also provide delegates with an excellent opportunity to form networks and act upon the challenges that youth are facing by curving a long term path towards a better future for Africa. It will take place in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia from October 27 to November 2, 2013.
The theme ’is ”Create a roadmap for youth led sustainable Development in Africa”. The thematic areas include;
- Quality Education for All
- HIV/AIDS and Drug Abuse
- Leadership, Innovation and Employment
- Economic Growth and Good Governance
- Environment and Sustainable Development
- Conflict Management and Resolution
- This Summit shall bring together 250 youth and youth leaders from all countries in Africa and other continents.
- The expected participants should be between the ages of 18 to 35 and gender balanced groups.
- The participants shall comprise of youth, youth leaders, academicians, head of departments from several ministries, journalists and other relevant stakeholders.
All those who wish to attend the summit can register through the online application. Although many young people are welcomed to attend the summit, there is a limited number of scholarships available due to financial constraints. Thus applicants are encouraged to look for external source of funding in order to attend.
For more information, click here.