Deadline: August 4, 2013
Canon Collins Trust invites applications for the Graça Machel scholarships for women, for postgraduate study in South Africa in 2014. The scholarship will provide funding for up to a maximum of one year for Honours, two years for Masters and three years for PhD. Continued funding will depend on satisfactory progress and academic reports.
The scholarship covers full tuition fees, a stipend towards living costs, and a travel allowance as well as mentoring and other support for Honours, masters and PhD study at South African universities. Awards in 2014 will be as follows:
- Tuition fees paid in full
- Stipend of ZAR 48,000 for South Africans, and ZAR 52,000 for non-South Africans
- Travel allowance (for scholars coming to South Africa from other SADC countries only) of ZAR 7,000.
- Be female;
- Be nationals of or have refugee status in one of the following countries:
- Angola – Botswana – DRC – Lesotho – Madagascar – Malawi – Mauritius – Mozambique – Namibia – South Africa – Swaziland – Tanzania – Zambia – Zimbabwe
- Be seeking this scholarship for study at honours, masters or doctoral level;
- Be registered to study or wish to study at a South African university.
This scholarship is generously funded by The Sol Plaatjie Trust, MacSteel International and others. Only apply if you are eligible.
For more information, click here.