Bayer Young Environmental Envoy: South African Youth Invited to Apply
Deadline: July 31, 2013
Are you a South African youth aged 18-24 and passionate about protecting the environment? UNEP and Bayer are giving you the chance to represent South Africa as a Bayer Young Environmental Envoy in Germany. The top two who qualify to be envoys will join youth delegates from 18 other countries on a weeklong, all-expense paid study trip to Germany from November 10-15, 2013. The trip will give the winners an opportunity to gain first-hand experience of the principles and applications of modern environmental protection in Germany.
The Bayer Young Environmental Envoy Program is part of the UNEP-BAYER partnership, aimed at improving knowledge about the environment among young people and supporting them in their environmental protection commitment. They are young dynamic environmentalists who demonstrate leadership and active commitment to environmental protection through routine environmental activities in their local communities.
- Must be a South African citizen
- 18 – 24 years old by November 10, 2013
- Should be actively involved in environmental projects that are ongoing or have been recently completed. Scientific proposals and project plans will not be accepted. Must have a feasible project on the environment
- Good oral and written English communications skills
- Willing to travel overseas. Must have a valid passport
- Should be able to work well as part of the team
- Children and relatives of Bayer and UNEP employees, or persons, whether they are related or not, living with the employees are not eligible for entry.
For more information, click here.