Win a trip to Costa Rica for the #BYND2015 Global Youth Summit!
Deadline: August 16, 2013
ITU is crowd-sourcing great ideas and are calling on the under 25s to submit ideas on how technology could/should change our world for the better. The top 2 ideas will win the trip to Costa Rica, and be featured on the new webpage of UN Special Envoy Mr Ahmad Alhendawi. Winners will also recieve a jointly signed certificate from the Special Envoy and ITU Secretary General Dr Hamadoun Toure.
Other great ideas are already winning Android tablets weekly, and all ideas submitted are being voted on through our ITU crowdsourcing platform for youth to be presented to global leaders at the UN. So what are you waiting for…. enter now!
One of the main outcomes of the BYND2015 Global Youth Summit is a short policy statement which encapsulates the key issues and recommendations as identified by a worldwide youth community. This is to be presented by President Laura Chinchilla of Costa Rica to the United Nations General Assembly in September 2013.
From 10 July 2013 up until the Summit in September, there will be extensive online outreach via social media where young people will be engaged to identify key challenges and ideas to help further clarify their priorities for the World We Want post-2015. In line with the Summit, the focus will be on how ICTs can contribute to socio-economic development as well as how young people can make a greater contribution to global policy decision-making processes.
- Individuals must be aged 18 to 25 as of 16 August 2013 to be eligible for BYND2015 crowdsourcing prizes.
- The weekly prizes will not be awarded to the same recipient more than once, and may be subject to an identity check via email and/or telephone. Terms and conditions apply (see below).
The following prizes have been identified:
- 2 x Android tablets awarded on a weekly basis every Wednesday starting 26 July 2013 and ending on 6 September.
- 2 x fully funded trips (“Grand Prizes”) to participate in the BYND2015 Youth Summit in Costa Rica, 9-11 September 2013. To be awarded to the best long term contributors to the platform before 16 August 2013.
- The overall winners will be further honoured through a dedicated space on the UN Special Envoy’s website and a signed certificate.
For more details, see the terms and conditions before applying.
For more information and to share your idea, click here.