Unilever Sustainable Living Young Entrepreneurs Award: $200,000 for Seven Impressive Entries
Deadline: November 1, 2013
Ashoka is excited to announce the Unilever Sustainable Living Young Entrepreneurs Award competition. Young entrepreneurs (aged 30 or under) are invited to submit groundbreaking initiatives that tackle the challenge of sustainable living. Are you a young entrepreneur with a product, service, or application that could change a practice or behaviour to enable sustainable living? If so, enter your solution now.
The Unilever Sustainable Living Young Entrepreneurs Awards, developed in partnership with the Cambridge Programme for Sustainability Leadership, are looking for innovative yet practical, tangible solutions created by young people that help make sustainable living commonplace. A total of €200,000 in financial support and tailored mentoring will be awarded to the seven most impressive entries.
- The competition is open to individuals aged 30 years and under, from any part of the world
- Entries must fall within one or more of the categories listed below
- Entries must have grown beyond the conceptual stage to include actions the applicant has already taken – whether through informal networks, via an existing institution, or by creating a new enterprise
- Entries must involve products or practices that change behaviour to enable sustainable living
- Entries cannot be accepted from current Unilever employees, nor can entries promote Unilever or its products
- Entries must be submitted in English
- One overall winner will receive the HRH The Prince of Wales Young Sustainability Entrepreneur Prize alongside a cash award of €50,000, and a tailored programme of advice and mentoring (worth €25,000).
- Six finalists will also receive cash prizes of €10,000 along with mentoring support (worth €10,000).
- All will benefit from exposure to a range of leading sustainability experts, entrepreneurs, and investors during the process. They will also receive recognition via Unilever’s global channels and the University of Cambridge’s network, as well as at a prestigious dinner in London in January 2014.
For more information, click here.