Deadline: January 24, 2014
Applications for the Wolfson Postgraduate Scholarships in the Humanities are now open. The Wolfson Foundation seeks to support excellence and has provided longstanding support for Higher Education and the Humanities. The Scholarships will be awarded to outstanding Humanities students of all nationalities who demonstrate the potential to make an impact in their chosen field (history, literature and languages). The Scholarships are offered at a carefully selected group of nine universities that have strengths across the three disciplines, of which the University of Oxford is one.
Oxford has been awarded three scholarships and is providing matched funding to enable a total of six scholarships to be awarded for the 2014-15 academic year. The scholarship covers 100% of university and college fees, a grant for living costs (£15,000 per year) and a grant to help with research and training costs. The continuation of your scholarship each year is subject to an annual renewal process based upon satisfactory academic progress.
- You should be applying to start a new DPhil course at Oxford.
- The Scholarships are available in three disciplines that align closely with the Foundation’s interests: history, literature and languages.
- Please ensure that you meet the selection criteria for your course (see the Course Guide for more information).
- Students should have an outstanding academic record, usually a first class Honours degree at undergraduate level and a Master’s degree from a recognised university in a cognate field of study to their proposed doctoral research.
- Wolfson Scholarships are awarded solely on academic merit and are open to candidates of all nationalities.
- This Scholarship is not open to candidates applying for part-time courses or to students with deferred entry.
For more information, click here.