Deadline: January 17, 2014
The International Centre for Women’s Leadership (ICWL) is pleased to announce that applications are now being accepted for its 2014 Global Change Leaders program. This is a seven-week education program offered at the Coady Institute’s ICWL in Nova Scotia, Canada. The Global Change Leaders program is targeted at emerging women leaders from developing countries who are working on development issues. It offers participants an opportunity to strengthen and enhance their leadership skills, receive mentoring from selected established women leaders from around the world and to connect to a global network of peers.
The program will commence on August 25, 2014 and end on October 10, 2014. Selected participants will receive a full scholarship, including transportation. Outstanding emerging women leaders are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. Places are limited and will be highly competitive.
This program is targeted to emerging women leaders from developing countries who are working on development issues. These are women who:
- Possess a minimum of four years of demonstrated leadership experience in a social or economic development endeavour in sectors such as livelihoods or inclusive economic development, food security, environment, access to education and health care, governance, and the rights of girls and women;
- Have great drive and passion for their work, demonstrated through their outstanding contributions in their organizations and communities;
- Are practitioners in civil society organizations including community based organizations and not for profits, or active in public or private institutions, donor/philanthropic agencies, social movements or in a social enterprise/business;
- Hold a university degree or a combination of post-secondary education and experience; and
- Have strong oral and written English language competencies.
One of Opportunity Desk’s active user, Jacqueline Joseph, was selected for Global Change Leaders Program in 2013. She is now an alumnus of the prestigious Coady Institute program and has offered to assist you throughout your application process. You can contact Jacqui with your questions on our Facebook Page here or send an mail to akukani(at)yahoo.com.
For more information, click here.