2013 African Digital Woman of the Year Award
Deadline: November 5, 2013
The Digital Woman Awards formerly known as the Ada Awards is pleased to invite nominations for the 2013 African Digital Woman of the Year™ Award. The award is destined for a woman, 18 years of age or older, who lives and/or works in Africa and distinguishes herself through leadership, creativity, entrepreneurship, social-focus and/or innovative discoveries, and who is positively impacting the number of girls and women participating in digitally-driven or digitally-enabled areas of study or work, in one or more of the following capacities:
- In the ICT sector, as a promising young potential or executive in a prominent public, private or academic sector IT organisation;
- Through work in entertainment or media, including social media;
- In commercialisation of an innovative digital concept, tool and/or service;
- Through focus on not-for-profit or social work, community-orientation, humanitarian activities (including ICT4Good, health, planet, well-being, etc.); and/or
- Through step-change research & development activities in the private or public sectors, academic excellence, digital/social innovations.
Nominate yourself or someone else by filling the nomination form.
Entrants must meet the following criteria to qualify:
- The nominee is a woman, or someone who identifies as a woman who is 18 years of age or older
- The nominee is resident in an African country
- Complete all aspects of your nomination on the submission form
- Submitted videos can be no longer than 3 minutes
- All pre-produced material such as music must be approved for use or license free, or creative commons licensed
- Entry must meet the 3 minute video limit
- Entries can be submitted in any language but you must provide an English language translation/ subtitles in English, for judging
- Any entries that are deemed to be offensive or culturally insensitive will be disqualified
- The competition organisers reserve the right to decide on the eligibility of candidates and entries
- Nominations for 2013 African Digital Woman of the Year™ Award may be made by the nominee or by someone else on behalf of the nominee.
- Deadlines for submissions must be respected for nominations to be valid. Nominations must be submitted in their entirety to be considered valid.
- Content submitted for Award consideration becomes property of AWACA BVBA and Evolving Consulting, unless otherwise agreed in writing.
- Please read the Award Terms & Conditions here.
This award is being launched in Africa in Autumn 2013 under the patronage of Dr. Hamadoun Touré, Secretary General of the UN ITU, and the first African Digital Woman of the Year will be announced on 16 November as part of African ICT Days in Yaoundé, Cameroun.
For more information, click here.