Apply to Join the Youth Advocacy Group for UN’s Global Education First Initiative
Deadline: November 30, 2013
The Call for Applications for new members of the UN Secretary-General’s Global Education First Initiative Youth Advocacy Group (GEFI-YAG) is now officially open. YAG is now accepting applications. This is an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic group of young people who are committed to ensuring that every child receives a relevant, quality education
COMPOSITION AND ELIGIBILITY
- The Youth Advocacy Group shall be composed of 15-18 non-compensated individuals between the ages of 15-28 who are representatives of organizations with demonstrated expertise and experience of working on and advocating for young people, including youth-led organizations, the private sector, media and academia.
- Such individuals should have demonstrated leadership and activism, and should be able to consult with and reach out to a larger constituency.
- The Youth Advocacy Group meets online once every two weeks and in-person whenever necessary to plan, support and advance the goals of the Global Education First Initiative.
- be between 15 and 28 years old;
- have access to the internet;
- be able to commit at least three hours per week for the group;
- be proficient in both spoken and written English;
- demonstrate passion and experience in advocating for education in their respective communities and;
- demonstrate connection to wider network(s) and ability to consult with and represent views of other young people
Young people from the following geographical areas are particularly encouraged to apply. (This, however, does not limit those living outside these areas.)
- Central/North Asia
- Middle East
- Latin America
Successful applicants will be notified by 30th December 2013.
For more information, click here.