Deadline: November 8th , 2013
Applications are invited for the Kennedy-Lugar Youth Exchange and Study (YES) Program, sponsored by the U.S. Department of State,. The program provides scholarships for Moroccan high school students to spend one academic year in the United States. The program supports students with disabilities and encourages their participation. Kennedy-Lugar YES scholarships cover all major expenses, including airfare, room and board, health insurance, pocket money, and educational supplies.
Scholarship recipients live with host families, attend U.S. high schools, and participate in special enrichment activities that include community service, youth leadership training, a civics education program, and other activities that help them develop a comprehensive understanding of American culture and develop leadership skills. Likewise, these students serve as cultural ambassadors for their home countries, representing their own rich heritage to their American host communities.
Applicants to the Kennedy-Lugar YES program must meet the following criteria:
- Be a Moroccan high school student
- Have a record of high academic achievement
- Demonstrate flexibility and commitment to promoting cross cultural understanding
- Must be born between August 1st, 1997 and August 1st, 1999
- Will be entering grade 10 or 11 in Fall 2013
- Meet minimum English proficiency requirement
- Are not a U.S. citizen or permanent resident, and were not born in the United States
For more information, click here.