Thomson Reuters Foundation Writing and Reporting News Training Programme
Deadline: November 15, 2013
Thomson Reuters Foundation invites submissions from journalists worldwide for the Writing and Reporting News Training Programme. The course will help journalists recognise their good habits and provide them the time and space to work on their weak points, within a mentored framework. The course combines face-to-face teaching with online study. It starts with five days in London followed by online modules made up of ten units of study.
The core activity concerns the actual writing and reporting of news, as practiced by Reuters and other global agencies. Practical exercises form the core of the programme, with an emphasis on improving basic reporting and writing skills including accuracy, impartiality, speed, clarity and structure. It is anticipated each online unit will take about two weeks to complete and the modules can be completed in six months.
Start date: Feb 10, 2014
End date: Feb 14, 2014
Location: London, UK – England and Wales
All applicants for Thomson Reuters Foundation training courses must:
- Currently be working as journalists or regular contributors to print, broadcast or online media organisations.
- They must be able to demonstrate a commitment to a career in journalism in their country.
- Have at least two years’ professional experience.
- Have a good level in spoken and written English.
- Please note: If you have been on a Thomson Reuters Foundation training programme within the last two years you will not be eligible to apply.
Full bursaries for journalists from the developing world/countries in political transition working for organisations with no resources for training. Bursaries would include air travel expenses (economy class), accommodation and a modest living allowance as well as the cost of online modules.
For more information, click here.