Deadline: December 15, 2013
Applications are now invited for the 2014 DREAM ACP Scholarships. The DREAM Project (with financial support granted by the European Commission through the Erasmus Mundus Programme) grants scholarships to students from ACP countries and staff members to undertake a mobility period, or full degree, in some of the best universities in Europe. Scholarships are available for master and doctorate students and also for staff members (academic and administrative) and include a monthly allowance, travel, insurance and tuition fees.
The DREAM Consortium comprises 8 European universities, 12 ACP Countries’ Higher Education Institutions (HEIs) and 29 Associations. This project is being implemented within the framework of the Erasmus Mundus, Action 2 – STRAND 1, Lot 18, ACP Countries.
In order to be eligible to apply to an DREAM scholarship, applicants need to fulfill a set of minimum requirements.
- Must be a national of one of the ACP countries;
- Must have not resided nor have carried out their main activity (studies, work, etc) for more than a total of 12 months over the last five years in any of the eligible European countries at the time of submitting their application to the partnership;
- Must have not benefited in the past from an Erasmus Mundus scholarship for the same type of mobility;
- Must have sufficient knowledge of the language of the courses or of one of the languages currently spoken in the hosting countries;
- Must respect the specific and additional criteria applicable to each type of mobility (master, doctorate, academic and administrative staff).
The available scholarships are:
For ACP candidates:
- Master: students from the ACP countries willing to develop their activity in a European Partner University. The duration of a Master mobility flow can be between 10 (one academic year) and 24 (two academic years) months, depending on the duration of studies and corresponding to a monthly scholarship of 1.000 €.
- Doctorate: students from the ACP countries willing to develop their activity in a European Partner University. The duration of a PhD mobility flow is of 10 months, and full PhD is 36 months and corresponds to a monthly scholarship of 1.500 €.
- Academic and Administrative Staff from an ACP partner institution who wish to develop their activity in a European Partner University. The total duration of the mobility is of 1 month, corresponding to a 2.500 € scholarship.
For EU candidates:
- Academic and Administrative Staff from a European partner institution who wish to develop their activity in an ACP Partner University. The total duration of the mobility is of 1 month, corresponding to a 2.500 € scholarship.
Eligible areas of study
According to the Guidelines of the Erasmus Mundus Programme, the mobility flows within the scope of this Project are possible in the 16 study fields:
- Agriculture Sciences
- Architecture, Urban and Regional Planning
- Art and Design
- Business Studies, Management Science
- Education, Teacher Training
- Engineering, Technology
- Geography, Geology
- Languages and Philological Sciences
- Mathematics, Informatics
- Medical Sciences
- Natural Sciences
- Social Sciences
- Communication and Information Sciences
- Other Areas of Study
- Every selected applicant will also benefit from a two-way flight ticket and a health, accident and travel insurance valid during the entire mobility period.
- Students will not be required to pay any tuition fees at the host institution, as the tuition fees (when applicable) for the established period of mobility will be totally covered by the project.
For more information, click here.