Telegraph Harvill Secker Crime Writing Competition
Deadline: November 30, 2013
Entries are accepted for the Telegraph Harvill Secker Crime Writing Competition. The competition offers aspiring writers an unprecedented opportunity to be published at one of the country’s leading literary imprints, home to authors like Jo Nesbø, Fred Vargas, Stuart Neville and Henning Mankell, and receive a £5,000 advance for his or her novel.
Would-be crime writers must submit the first 5,000 words of their crime novel, along with a detailed, two-page double-spaced synopsis of how the rest of the book unfolds, including the ending. The book does not have to be finished for you to enter, but you must have a detailed plan
- Harvill Secker will be offering the winner a publishing deal – either physical and digital, or digital only – and a non-returnable advance of £5,000 for world rights in the book.
- An extract from the winning entry will also be printed in these pages next year.
- The final Telegraph-branded book will be published by Harvill Secker and be available for purchase through the Telegraph Bookshop, as well as at high street and online retailers.
- This competition is open to anyone aged 18 or over who is a resident of the UK, Republic of Ireland and other countries of the British Commonwealth.
- Employees (and their families) of Harvill Secker (‘Publisher’) or Telegraph Media Group Limited (‘Promoter’) and any other company connected with the competition are not eligible.
- See the full terms and conditions.
For more information, click here.