Deadline: December 13, 2013
Applications for the 2014 Young Leaders Visitors Programme (YLVP) is now open. The Swedish Institute’s YLVP is an annual intercultural leadership programme that aims to lay a foundation for dialogue, mutual understanding and knowledge sharing among young leaders from the Middle East, North Africa and Sweden.
The YLVP is designed to provide the participants with new skills, broadened networks and innovative tools to strengthen their work to drive social change in their respective contexts. The participants are visionaries who are in a position to make a difference. They are young, open-minded leaders in Algeria, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Syria, Tunisia, West Bank-Gaza, Yemen and Sweden who are actively working for democracy and human rights within the spheres of society, culture, politics and media.
During and after the programme the participants will be part of an active network that will boost creativity and support their personal and professional development, while also laying the platform for a more connected future. Since the launch of the YLVP in 2008, the programme alumni network has grown to comprise more than 140 young leaders.
The YLVP integrates the following areas:
- Leadership training
- Social Media
- Knowledge exchange and inspiration
- Practical Experience
The programme comprises of four weeks of intensive work divided into two modules starting on May 18, 2014!. The first module of the YLVP takes place in Sweden for three weeks and the second module in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region for one week. Please note that the Young Leaders Visitors Programme is an intensive programme and all selected participants will have to commit to participate in all activities
Benefits: Accommodation, food and travel
All costs related to accommodation, food and transport during the YLVP are covered by the Swedish Institute. The Swedish Institute will also arrange and pay for your air travel to and from Sweden and to the location of the second module of the programme in the MENA region.
To apply to Young Leaders Visitors Programme you have to:
- Be an engaged leader within the spheres of society, culture, politics or media (for example project managers, youth leaders, journalists, bloggers, activists, youth politicians, cultural workers, civil servants, lawyers and pedagogues).
- Work actively for democracy and human rights.
- Be between 20-32 years old (at the time of the start of the programme).
- Have a good working knowledge of both written and spoken English.
- A citizen of Algeria, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Syria, Tunisia, West Bank-Gaza, Yemen or Sweden
For more information, click here.