Global Kids hiring a MSW/Senior Trainer
This position is available January 2, – March 31st, 2014.
Global Kids, Inc., an organization developing youth leaders for the global stage is a looking for dynamic, hard-working, and creative individual who are interested in youth development, global education, and social action. MSW/Senior Trainer will work with students who have been identified as at risk for dropping out due to inconsistent attendance and collaborate with GK staff to bring an array of comprehensive youth development services at New York City public high schools.
- Provide individual and group counseling services for students at their high schools, in collaboration with another GK staff person, as well as intake, assessment and follow up referrals.
- Conduct attendance outreach services including attendance monitoring/data review, home visits, conferences, attendance incentive activities and phone calls.
- Coordinate, develop and co-facilitate interactive, experiential workshops and activities for GK’s global education academic enrichment programs and afterschool leadership groups.
- Collaborate with GK staff and youth to generate new program ideas and content focusing on socioemotional health and global/local issues.
- Collect, input and review attendance, evaluation and other data related to projects and student progress.
- Maintain necessary documentation/case files, program data entry and records and provide periodic progress reports as necessary.
- Master’s degree in social work, psychology or counseling.
- Strong understanding of wide array of NYC social service resources for youth and families.
- Experience using interactive experiential learning strategies, counseling and conflict resolution skills, and youth development/leadership strategies in culturally diverse settings with youth.
- Experience working in public schools.
- Excellent facilitation, consensus-building and interpersonal skills.
- Initiative, creativity, willingness to learn, and ability to juggle multiple tasks independently.
- Strong communication, writing, organizational, and computer skills.
- International experience and foreign language background – especially Haitian Creole, Spanish, Bengali or South Asian dialects – preferred.
- Drivers license and access to a car a plus.
- $27/hour for 35-40 hours per week. We are actively seeking candidates of diverse backgrounds.
How to Apply
Please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please indicate “MSW/Senior Trainer” in the subject line of the email. We are unable to accept any phone, mail, or fax inquiries; please refer to the Global Kids web site for further information, www.globalkids.org.
For more information, click here.