Deadline: January 10, 2014
Are you an exceptionally qualified and motivated candidate ready to serve in an international organization? If so, the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations invites you to take a look at the Junior Professional Programme, which provides qualified young professionals with an opportunity to gain valuable, on-the-job experience with FAO.
- 32 years of age or younger as at 31 December of the year of application.
- Hold an advanced university degree (Master’s, Ph.D. or equivalent) in a field relevant to the work of FAO;
- Possess a working knowledge of one of FAO’s official languages (English, French, Spanish, Arabic, Chinese and Russian) and a limited knowledge of another, depending on the working language of the duty station.
- Must not bear any of the following relationships to staff members of the Organization: son, daughter, brother, or sister.
A competitive compensation and benefits package is offered. For information on UN salaries, allowances and benefits, click here
JP’s will generally be employed at P-1 step 1 level on initial appointment and will move to P-1 step 2 level for the second year of their assignment.
- Applicants should meet the minimum requirements stated on the Vacancy Announcement of the JP position they are applying for.
- Applicants must have at least one year of experience in a field relevant to the work of FAO.
- Applicants are subject to the Organization’s spouse employment policy.
About FAO Junior Professional Programme, please contact: [email protected]
For more information, click here.