European Students’ Union seeks new Project Assistant – Brussels, Belgium
Deadline: January 23, 2014
The European Students’ Union (ESU) is looking for a team player to fill the position of Project Assistant (PA) at its headquarters in Brussels, Belgium. The PA assists in the planning and implementation of duties related to coordinating, organising, reporting and implementing ESU projects and events. The main objective of the Project Assistant position is to help the current Project Officer at ESU to manage projects and follow administrative and financial regulations. The duties require analytical, evaluative and interpretive skills.
ESU values initiative and strive for self-development and would be very interested to welcome in its team a person with such attributes, interested in student and higher education issues and with a positive, but responsible, attitude towards her/his work responsibilities and colleagues!
Type: Indeterminate part-time employment contact with a six months trial period;
Location: based in Brussels, occasional travel;
Gross salary: 1200 EUR/month for 19 hours per week. Additionally, ESU offers food vouchers in the amount of 120 EUR/month.
Ideal starting date: 30 January 2014
The PA will:
- Coordinate and organise meetings, conferences, trainings and other project-related events, and prepare the necessary materials, including reports, presentations, agendas and minutes;
- Handle the logistics of the projects;
- Monitor the achievement of project activities;
- Gather and input data into databases;
- Submit monthly budgets for projects and programmes in an efficient manner, and also submitting expense reports;
- Acts as a liaison between project coordinators and other people involved in the projects;
- Monitor calls made by a number of potential donor institutions;
- Contribute to preparation of projects for respective calls.
- A degree and/or comparable experience within the areas of project management and administration;
- Knowledge and/or experience of the EU’s Lifelong learning programme (LLP) or any comparable programme;
- Experience in event management;
- A native/ near-native command of English (spoken and written). Additional knowledge of one or more European languages is highly desirable, particularly French or Dutch;
- Good communication skills – written and verbal;
- Good ICT skills (MS Office, cloud storage systems, etc.);
- Good planning skills and ability to respect deadlines;
- Coordination and team communication skills;
- Ability to work individually and in a team.
The Project Assistant will be a well-organised and hard-working team player, able to work flexibly in a multicultural environment and with tight deadlines, willing to travel occasionally to cover major events of the organisation.
As an organisation that strongly promotes equality, we require all elected representatives and staff at ESU to follow the ESU Ethical Guidelines, Code of Conduct and the Gender mainstreaming strategy.
For more information, click here.