Deadline: June 15, 2014
Social entrepreneurs from any country of the world are invited to apply for the World Summit Youth Award with their projects and show how they are taking action on the UN Millennium Development Goals. The WSYA contest is a unique global contest which brings together young developers and digital entrepreneurs – under 30 years of age – who use internet and mobile technology to put the UN Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) into action and make a difference. WSYA winners have the unique opportunity to be part of an international high-energy networking event.
Outstanding projects and applications can be submitted in the following six categories which are directly tied to the United Nations Millenium Development Goals:
- Fight Poverty, Hunger and Disease!
- Education for All!
- Power 2 Women!
- Create your Culture!
- Go Green!
- Pursue Truth!
The World Summit Youth Award honours 3 winners (persons or team) and up to 3 runners-up per category whose product, project or application is chosen by the expert jury as the best in digital content in one of the categories.
- Be invited to the WSYA Winners´ Event!
- Meet other engaged and amazing young people from around the world, representatives of governments, NGOs, the United Nations, social entrepreneurs and business leaders!
- Get the chance to present your project on a global stage!
- Share ideas, initiatives and inspiration with other amazing young people!
- Learn more about exciting youth initatives and current trends regarding MDGs at workshops and seminars held by ICT experts and entrepreneurs!
- Have your project showcased on the web at www.youthaward.org!
- Be promoted through the WSYA network and network with ICT experts, business leaders, multimedia producers, young entrepreneurs and youth leaders!
- … and last but not least, become part of a vibrant and lively community for young people taking action on the MDGs!
- The online or mobile project to be entered in to the contest must be initiated and executed by young people under the age of 30 (born on or after January 1, 1984) from any of the UN member states.
- With the registration, contest participants accept the rules of the WSYA contest as stated in this document. Any and all legal recourse to rules, actions and conditions of the WSYA are entirely excluded.
- Submitters of a project can not become jury members in the year of submission.
- The product, project, or application may be in any language.
- All registration information (such as description of the product, CV’s of producers) must be in English.
- The projects, products, or applications must be fully functional and operational at the time of submission and must be accessible via the internet whether it is designed for fixed line, broadband or mobile use.
- Submissions must be made in one of the six categories of the WSYA: 1. Fight Poverty, Hunger and Disease; 2. Education for all; 3. Power 2 Women; 4. Create your Culture; 5. Go Green; 6. Pursue Truth.
- The submitted product or application must be completed after January 1st, 2012. For a project or product completed earlier the submitters have to document that significant alterations and / or improvements and / or additions have been made in the period thereafter.
- Products / projects or applications which have been submitted in the WSYA in previous years cannot be submitted again. For a project which has been already submitted before, the submitters have to document significant alterations and / or improvements and / or additions.
- Winning project can not be submitted twice.
- The submitted product or application must be free of offensive or plagiarized content and may not violate human rights as laid out in the United Nations Declaration of Human Rights and its application by international human rights courts or panels recognized by the United Nations Organization.
For more information, click here.