Deadline: April 9, 2014
The Forum of European Roma Young People (FERYP) calls for applications from interested applicants for the Gender Equality and Roma Women’s Empowerment, scheduled from June 8 – June 15, 2014 in Strasbourg France. This is a six-day study session cum activity in the field of Gender Equality and Roma women’s Empowerment organized by FERYP in cooperation with the Youth Department of the Council of Europe
The aim of the study session is;
- To enhance the capacities and to empower the young Roma women, promoting equality and their equal participation in Roma communities and organizations.
- To reflect on and analyse the obstacles, needs, and current challenges young Roma women face today in their communities
- To address gender-based discrimination in Roma communities.
- To foster young Roma women’s capacities and leadership to be equally involved in public life and decision making processes.
- To explore the practices, approaches and opportunities existing in the Council of Europe (Human Rights Education, Gender based violence resources, No Hate Speech Movement, Roma youth Action Plan) to work with Roma youth on gender issues.
- To define the strategies in mainstreaming Roma gender equality within Roma communities and civil society.
- To enable and support participants to develop follow up plans, initiatives, actions, activities and programs empowering young Roma women’s full and meaningful participation in their communities and beyond.
- For this activity the participation fee is 50 Euro. The amount will be deducted from the travel reimbursement of the participants.
Reimbursement of Travel Costs
- The accommodation for the activity is provided at the European Youth Centre Strasbourg and is covered by the organizers of the session.
- The reimbursements of travel expenses (based on economical prices, Apex, student price, special price) and visa, will take on the spot during the week in Euro or by bank transfer after the activity.
- Participants should bring with them original invoices to prove the costs of travel (ticket and visa) as well the tickets. To be reimbursed participants should take part at least 80% in the activity.
- Roma and non-Roma young people who are actively working/volunteering in organizations on Roma issues;
- Young gender activists (both female and male), working or interested to work on the problems of young Roma women across Europe;
- Motivated and willing to initiate follow-up activities in their home/local communities and organizations;
- Aged between 18 and 30 years old;
- Able to attend the session for its full duration;
- Able to work in one of the working languages of the session;
- Young men are also strongly encouraged to apply!!
Working languages The working languages of the study session are English, Romanes and Spanish, with simultaneous interpretation. However the working languages will be selected according to the needs of the participants.
Dates of the Activity
- The arrival and departure dates for the meeting are as following: Arrival: 8th June 2014 (Sunday)
- Departure: 15th June 2014 (Sunday) Participants should organize their travel (arrival and departure) for these dates.
- The preparatory team of this activity will select 30 participants, according to the profile specified above, but also ensuring geographical and gender balance (as far possible) in the overall group composition.
- Applications received after the deadline will not be reviewed.
For more information, click here.