Deadline: May 30, 2014
Interested and passionate applicant from the Internet Community are invited to apply for the ICANN fellowship.
The Fellowship program seeks to create a broader and more regionally diverse base of knowledgeable constituents by reaching out to the less developed regions of the world to build capacity within the ICANN Multistakeholder Model. The fellowship covers the cost of economy class airfare and hotel, as well as providing a stipend after successful completion of the program, in order to assist in covering some basic expenses incurred by the fellow. Recipients are expected to actively contribute to ICANN processes and be a part of the next generation of ICANN leadership.
- For ICANN meetings, a stipend not to exceed US $500.00 will be provided to offset reasonable individual expenses (such as meals, ground transport, related expenses, etc.).
- In addition, ICANN will consider covering costs for obtaining a visa, including shipping and bank processing fees, based on individual requests due to cost incurred above and beyond expectations.
- ICANN will only cover the cost of a hotel room directly using an ICANN meeting partner hotel as established by ICANN’s travel service provider. Any and all hotel surcharges (e.g. telephone calls, room service, laundry, movies) are the responsibility of the Fellow. The hotel may request a credit card OR cash deposit from the Fellow to guarantee these expenses.
- be citizens of a low, lower-middle, or upper-middle income economy.
- The programme is targeted mainly at individuals who are either new to the ICANN environment or have yet to attend a face to face meeting.
Successful applicants will have demonstrated:
- Ability to utilize the experiences gained from the fellowship to become a part of the next generation of ICANN leadership
- A role or interest in the Internet space
- An interest in contributing to:
- ICANN policy development processes.
- The ICANN fellowship alumni network.
- A leadership role in stimulating local interest in ICANN.
- An ICANN supporting organization, advisory committee, stakeholder group or constituency.
- For more criteria, click here.
- The 51st ICANN meeting in Los Angeles to be held 12-16 October 2014
- Application Round opens: 18 April 2014 at 23:59 UTC
- Application Round closes: 30 May 2014 at 23:59 UTC
- Selected Fellows announced: 18 July 2014
- The 52nd ICANN meeting in TBD location in Africa to be held 8-12 February 2015
- Application Round opens: 8 August 2014 at 23:59 UTC
- Application Round closes: 19 September 2014 at 23:59 UTC
- Selected Fellows announced: 7 November 2014
- The 53rd ICANN meeting in TBD location in Latin America to be held 21-25 June 2015
- Application Round opens: 5 December 2014 at 23:59 UTC
- Application Round closes: 16 January 2015 at 23:59 UTC
- Selected Fellows announced: 6 March 2015
- The 54th ICANN meeting in TBD location in Europe to be held 18-22 October 2015
- Application Round opens: 3 April 2015 at 23:59 UTC
- Application Round closes: 15 May 2015 at 23:59 UTC
- Selected Fellows announced: 10 July 2015
For more information, click here.