Deadline: August 8, 2014
The Livestrong Foundation offers unpaid internships to current students and recent graduates interested in learning the inner workings of a nonprofit organization. Interns will be paired with a Foundation team member for one-on-one mentorship to gain hands-on experience in their area of interest.
The unpaid internship is for USA graduates in departments such as Shared Services, Development and Fundraising Programs, Government Relations & External Affairs and Marketing . Livestrong offers internships for fall, summer and winter session 2014. Interns will be self-motivated, organized, willing to help with any project no matter how large or small and be able to balance multiple priorities at once.
Under the five departments the various internship positions are available:
- In Shared Services : Human Resources, Organizational Support and Information Technology.
- In Information Technology : Event Fundraising and Promotion, Annual Giving, Stewardship, Grassroots Fundraising, Major Gifts Program, Prospect Management and Research, Grants Management
- In Programs : Navigation Services, Community Outreach, Community Program, Community Engagement, Public Health and Research and Evaluation
- In Government Relations and External Affairs : Communications and External Affairs, Government Relations and Health Policy
- In Marketing : Marketing Services, Web Development, Social Media, Graphic Design, UI Design, Editorial and Analytics
- Be available to work 12–20 hours per week during regular business hours at LIVESTRONG HQ in Austin, Texas.
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills and a high level of computer competency.
- Be self-motivated, organized, willing to help with any project no matter how large or small and be able to balance
- multiple priorities at once.
- Have a strong desire to make a difference, a passion for the LIVESTRONG mission, a positive attitude and an affinity for the color yellow.
- Be able to provide their own housing and transportation; mastery of parallel parking is a plus.
- Applicants are invited to apply online here.
For more information, click here.