Deadline: June 30, 2014
Young people who have both a passion for international development and the potential to become future global leaders are invited to apply for the World Bank’s Young Professional Program. The Program is designed for highly qualified and motivated individuals skilled in areas relevant to the World Bank’s operations such as, economics, finance, education, public health, social sciences, engineering, urban planning, and natural resource management.
For more than 50 years, the World Bank’s Young Professionals Program has been the preeminent program preparing global development leaders. Young Professionals will be in a two-year program with a “stretch/learning assignment” built in, where they will gain valuable on-the-job experience. They are a member of a team, where they are expected to make significant contributions towards the unit’s work program while they gain a broad overview of the World Bank’s policies and work.
During their assignment, Young Professionals join their colleagues on field assignments in developing countries. These assignments present opportunities for Young Professionals to experience firsthand the challenges of global development, understand a key aspect of World Bank’s work, and get to know the World Bank’s clients and their issues.
As an entry-level professional in the World Bank, each Young Professional is to receive an internationally competitive salary based on their education and professional experience, life and accident insurance, relocation benefits.
- Be 32 years of age or younger (i.e. born on or after October 1, 1982);
- PhD or Master’s degree and relevant work experience;
- Be fluent in English;
- Please note that full proficiency in one or more of the Bank’s working languages: Arabic, Chinese, French, Portuguese, Russian, and Spanish is desired but not required;
- Specialize in a field relevant to the World Bank’s operations such as Economics, Finance, Education, Public Health, Social Sciences, Engineering, Urban Planning, and Natural Resource Management;
- Have at least 3 years of relevant professional experience related to development or continued academic study at the doctoral level.
- Note that this is a 9-month process and it is expected that the selected candidates will join in September 2015.
- Register here for an account and provide an email address to complete the application.
- Attach an updated
- Education Certificates/Transcripts,
- PhD Dissertation/Master’s Thesis topics (short summary), if applicable,
- the Application Essay.
For more information, World Bank Young Professionals Program.