The 2014 LET’S CEE Film Competition – The Taste of Freedom
Deadline: June 7, 2014
Individuals who are interested in film making are invited to apply for the 3rd edition of the LET’S CEE Film Festival.
The LET‘S CEE Film Festival’s programme is a competition that features a selection of the best current feature films and documentaries as well as promising short films.
From the first edition in 2012, the LET’S CEE Film Festival is continually giving an attractive opportunity for promoting Central and Eastern European cinematography. A special attention is placed on initiating international cooperation within the film sector and on supporting young talents.
The Short Film Competition will give young filmmakers (up to the age of 35) from Central and Eastern Europe, as well as from Austria, the opportunity to submit their short films with a maximum length of 30 minutes. The films featured in this competition can be submitted personally by their respective directors or producers.
The underlying theme of the Short Film Competition 2014 is The Taste of Freedom.
All short films will be competing for money prizes. All awards are always rewarded to the director of the winning film.
- The Main Prize in the Short Film Competition: 1.500,- Euro and the Urania statue, will be given by the International Jury.
- The Encouragement Award will be given by the International Jury for the outstanding commitment to the civil society.
- The Audience Award for the Best Film in the Short Film Competition will be decided by the audience.
- The competition is opened to young filmmakers from Central and Eastern Europe, as well as from Austria, who are up to 35 years old.
- The films entering the competition should be produced in one of the following countries: Albania, Armenia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Estonia, Georgia, Hungary, Kazakhstan, Kosovo, Latvia, Lithuania, Macedonia, Moldavia, Montenegro, Poland, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Turkey and Ukraine.
- The film should be no longer than 30 minutes. The director should be up to 35 years of age and the film should be completed after 1 January 2013.
- There will be a pre-selection curatorial panel consisting of filmmakers, film lecturers, journalists and experts on civil society. The curatorial panel will select films based on artistic and thematic criteria.
- The final selection of approximately ten films will be announced till July 30th. However, the curatorial panel can select more than ten or less than ten films without stating reasons.
- In case a film is selected, the Festival will notify the applicants via e-mail until July 30th, 2014.
- Once the film is submitted to the Festival, it cannot be removed from the programme, neither by the institution who submitted it nor by any other person or institution for any reason.
- After the confirmation, the entrant agrees that the film won’t be screened publicly in Austria in the period between July 30th, 2014 and October 11th, 2014.
- Film submissions will be accepted through the film festival submission platform (click here).
- Submission cost for every online entry is 1.50 €.
- All additional material sent to the festival before the final selection will not be returned to the entrants but will be kept in the festival archive and might be used for educational purposes.
For more information, click here.