The Center for Tropical Forest Science-ForestGEO Grants Program (Win Up to $15,000)
Deadline: June 20, 2014
Interested and passionate applicant Worldwide are invited to apply for the Smithsonian Tropical Research Institute Center for Tropical Forest Science (CTFS)-Forest GEO Grants.
The Smithsonian Tropical Research Institute Center for Tropical Forest Science (CTFS)-Forest GEO Grants Program is an opportunity for researchers, post doctorate fellows, and graduate students to use existing CTFS-ForestGEO plots to conduct research with scientists affiliated with them. Applications are being accepted from graduate students to senior scientists.
- Grant between the range of $2,000-$15,000 up for grabs.
- All researchers (from graduate students to senior scientists; and even advanced undergraduates in some cases) are eligible to apply for the grant.
- Preference is given to scientists in the countries with CTFS-ForestGEO sites and to all graduate students and postdoctoral researchers.
- Applicants can be the national of any country.
- CTFS-ForestGEO cover letter,
- research proposal,
- list of collaborators,
- curriculum vitae,
- contact details of two proposed referees,
- and a detailed budget and timeline.
- Applicants are evaluated by a panel of scientists associated with the CTFS-ForestGEO network.
- Larger grant proposals may also be reviewed by outside scholars.
- Awards are made on the basis of the proposal’s merit, the applicant’s ability to carry out the proposed research, the likelihood that the research can be carried out in the proposed time frame, and the extent to which CTFS-ForestGEO plots contribute to the proposed research.
- Priority will be given to early-career researchers and researchers with less access to institutional funding.
- Please send all materials in pdf format to CTFS-ForestGEO Program Assistant Delaney Rakosnik at [email protected]
For more information, please click here.